Mountain Bike Coaching
This category contains all the information regarding Flow Mountain Bike Adventures Mountain Bike Courses that are available for the 2023 season. These will take place in Bragg Creek, Canmore and Calgary, Alberta. We're also available for private mountain bike lessons and guided tours, and we can tailor our programming for a corporate event or local club. Get in touch with us for more information on these options. And don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or require clarification on anything. We look forward to helping you find more Flow on your bike!
We are very excited to be offering a Multi Day Guided Mountain Bike Holiday within the Canadian Rockies from August 19th to 22nd 2023. We’ll meet in Calgary, Alberta on Day 1 and will help you to assemble your bike if you have flown into the city, or assist in picking up a bike rental if you’ve gone with this option. We will then travel down to Crowsnest Pass within the South Rockies – where the Canadian Norco Enduro Series was held in 2019 and 2022, as well as the Single Track 6 and Crowsnest 100 Mountain Bike Races. We will stay at the best Bed ‘n Breakfast in the area with amazing hosts who will make you feel welcome and right at home. The riding here is great and the views are stunning. We’ll then head to Canmore, Alberta where we will stay for the next 3 nights in a luxury mountain home. Canmore was recently listed on the 2021 Sentiment Index Top 100 Most Loved Destinations Around The World based on consumer sentiment, and Canmore placed in 5th spot for destinations within Canada. It has the best panoramic views out of any mountain town in Western Canada in our opinion, and hasn’t lost it’s small town charm even as it’s continued to gain popularity with domestic and international travelers. Our last night will be spent at the Pomeroy Lodge in Kananaskis, where we will enjoy the Kananaskis Nordic Spa with Hydrotherapy Treatment. It will also be possible to book a massage at the Kananaskis Nordic Spa – contact us if you’re interested in this option and we’ll help to get it sorted for you.
Here is a more detailed itinerary:
Day 1: Meet ‘n greet in Calgary at noon. We will pick you up at the airport, or at a hotel if you’ve stayed over night (most hotels at the airport have shuttles so you can catch a ride with them to your hotel if you need to arrive the day before.) We will help assemble your bike if you’ve flown into the city and ensure bikes are in good working order. We will also pick up rental bikes for those who have elected to go with this option. Then, we’ll travel down to Crowsnest Pass and may get in a quick warm up ride prior to having dinner and settling in for the night.
Day 2: Riding in the Crowsnest Pass area is on the agenda, as the area has some amazing Blue and Black trails that we will take some time exploring. You’ll also be in awe of the great views of the Southern Rockies. We will stay the night in Crowsnest Pass and enjoy more of this gem of a town’s charm.
Day 3: We will ride within the Crowsnest Pass area for a second day, and may explore a more remote region where we likely won’t see any other people. The views will be stunning and you’ll already be thinking of how you can move to the Canadian Rockies. After our epic day of riding, we will travel from Crowsnest Pass to Canmore, Alberta where we will spend the next 3 nights in a luxury mountain home (family style accommodation).
Day 4: We’ll wake up in beautiful Canmore, Alberta that in our humble opinion has the best panoramic view of the mountains from any mountain town in Western Canada. It is simply breathtaking scenery. Today, we’ll ride one of the most epic alpine ridges in Kananaskis Country. The trail is rated black and will be a long but amazing day in the saddle. We’ll have lunch on the summit and enjoy a glorious descent where you’ll be sure to have a huge sh$! eating grin on your face.
Day 5: We’ve planned to take you to Moose Mountain in Bragg Creek for a downhill shuttle day. The area has some of the most technical and interesting riding in the region. We are pretty excited to show you this piece of our backyard as it’s still a bit of a secret riding destination in Canada.
Day 6: We will leave Canmore and head to the luxurious Pomeroy Lodge in Kananaskis Country for our last night. The plan is to ride one of the best trails within Kananaskis Country which will involve bagging a peak, and then we will visit the Kananaskis Nordic Spa to enjoy the amazing hydrotherapy treatments. It’s also possible to book yourself a massage at this time – please let us know if you’re interested in this option and we will help to get this sorted for you. We’ll then enjoy our last meal with the group at one of the Pomeroy’s great restaurants.
Day 7: Our final day of riding with take us back to Bragg Creek to enjoy more amazing trails within the area. We will then travel to Calgary and say our good byes after an incredible trip. But if you’d prefer to stay a few extra days, we can help to arrange this for you – get in touch with us for further information.
What is included in this trip:
- 6 Days of riding with Professional Mountain Bike Guides who are very experienced riders with Advanced Wilderness First Aid. They will show you the best trails the area has to offer in a relaxed and supportive environment.
- Small group size, operating on a 6 to 1 client to guide ratio so you’ll have lots of attention.
- Transfers to and from the airport, as well as all transportation throughout the course of the trip. If you need to fly in the night before, most hotels offer an airport shuttle service, so we’d be happy to pick you up from your hotel.
- Assistance putting together your mountain bikes upon arrival, and secure storage for bike bags if you’re flying in from out of town.
- 6 Nights of accommodation, 4 in luxury accommodation (family-style luxury home in Canmore, AB, and a night at the Kananaskis Pomeroy Lodge) and 2 nights at an amazing Bed ‘n Breakfast with the best hosts you could ask for. Accommodation is based on double occupancy, and if you’re joining with your partner/spouse you will automatically be in the same room. Single occupancy is very limited – get in touch with us for further details.
- 6 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 4 Dinners, with the ability to accommodate special dietary restrictions, allergies and intolerances (Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Non-Dairy, etc.).
- Snacks, water and electrolytes throughout the trip.
- Basic bike maintenance and assistance with trail side repairs. We’ll also have a wash station set up so as to keep your bike running as smoothly as possible.
- You’ll be treated to an evening at the Kananaskis Nordic Spa, where you’ll have the opportunity to indulge in their Hydrotherapy Treatments.
- Donations to the local trail associations where we will be riding.
- Secure bike storage at all accommodations.
- We’ll provide you with a trip packing list, and we can also assist with helping you to arrange bookings before or after the trip.
What is not included with this trip:
- Flights to and from Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Travel/Medical Insurance and Trip Cancellation Insurance.
- Mountain Bikes and Riding Gear (We recommend you bring your own bikes, but we can also help you to rent a bike from one of our partners in Calgary, Alberta if you’d prefer to go with this option).
- 2 Dinners at local restaurants.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Optional massage while enjoying the Kananaskis Nordic Spa – contact us if you’re interested in booking and we’ll help to get this sorted for you ahead of time.
- Gratuities for your amazing mountain bike guides and support staff.
Proof of full vaccination is required to participate in Flow’s Guided Mountain Bike Holiday in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta for the 2022 season. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any questions or require clarification on anything. We look forward to helping you find more Flow on your bike and in your life!
We also offer unique Mountain Bikepacking Adventures within the Canadian Rocky Mountains. We have trips geared towards Strong Beginner/Intermediate riders all the way up to Advanced. Some of our trips go deep into the backcountry, where we may not see another person or biker. Check out the following link for more details: https://www.flowbikeadventures.com/mountain-bikepacking/